Submitted by Ally M., Sprout Contributor
Earth Day is on April 22. Get your family excited about Mother Earth with these fun activities and crafts!
Earth Day Activities
- Plant Trees
- Learn about the environment by taking a family trip to the local library
- Clean up litter in your neighborhood
- Wear green or brown in honor of Earth Day!
- Ride bikes or walk together as a family to commute
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Buy as little as possible and only the necessities.
- Try to avoid items that come in a lot of packaging.
- Support local farms.
- Take a reusable drink container with you, and try not to use disposable plates or cutlery.
- Bring your own bags or carry a cloth bag to the grocery store to save on plastic bags.
- Make earth-friendly products- homemade cleansers don’t contain harsh chemicals and are easy on little hands and lungs, household surfaces, and the environment.
- Conserve energy with this “life saver” decoration that reminds you to turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Get your family together and make Earth Day crafts, such as the one below!
Coffee Filter Earth
What you’ll need:
- Coffee filter
- Blue and green washable markers
- Squirt bottle (small glass of water to flick the water works too)
- Black construction paper
What to do:
- Flatten out a coffee filter on a plate.
- Scribble on the filter with blue and green washable markers.
- Use the squirt bottle to squirt the coffee filter 2 or 3 times
- Let dry completely
- Glue your earth to the black construction paper